Wednesday, October 8, 2008

more more more

so its about time i've done something with these words of mine
pick up a pad and a pen and release my mind
give my word out to the youth
even if they're unprepared i spill the truth
look and recognize the proof
i keep my nose in a book
keep my knowledge up and unshook
so i could release my mind with a mic someday
in front of a crowd so i can say
"fuck the police, fuck the war, fuck all the oil and lives they stole"
and everyone can put the fist in the air
saying and screaming for an all fair share
the rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer
fuck that bullshit, they abuse their power
while poor gets poorer and the rich is getting richer
kids dying in the 3rd world from thirst and hunger
someday when i can grasp that mic
i could share my knowledge and the life i strife
and show the community the real opportunity
cause this place is changing day by day
i wanna take it back to when it used to be safe
so my child wont have to live fear
take it back a couple years
i take a look in my life rear
i never knew the world shed so much tears
so before you think that you had it bad
think of others some without a mom or a dad
some shot for oil in iraq
someday when i have the power of a mic
and the control of a crowd
i will do my best with my voice screamin out
the truth is here and the time is now
let them all hear
let it out loud
loud and clear

No comments: